ARE YOU READY TO HIRE A LIFE COACH?
What do top successful executives, joyful homemakers, and famous celebrities all have in common? They all use a coach to help them live their dreams and be the best they can be. How about you? Please take just a few moments to find out how ready you are to live life to the fullest and be the best you can be.
On a scale from 1 to 10, rate each of the following statements: (if not applicable, score the item a 5).
|1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 1 0
Don't agree at all - Somewhat agree - Totally agree
- I am ready to create more balance in my life.
- I am ready to take responsibility for my actions.
- I am ready to improve my personal or business relationships.
- I am ready to make real and positive changes in my life.
- I am ready to find and live my life's purpose/mission statement
- I am ready and willing to overcome self-limiting beliefs and behavior.
- I am ready to create plans and work to achieve my goals.
- I am ready to achieve a sense of fulfillment at work and in my life.
- I am ready for more fun and enjoyment in my life.
- I can benefit from someone who will help me stay on track.
Add up your score.
Interpreting your score:
Life Coaching is not for you right now.
31 to 60
Life Coaching could help you to look at your life from a different viewpoint as well as help you develop a plan to change what it is that you would like to change. However, if you decide to work with a life coach now, you should decide and commit that you will take the necessary action for your benefit, or you will not make lasting life-changing improvements.
Congratulations! You are ready for a Life Coach! You are willing to do whatever it takes to create the life you deserve and desire.
Some common concerns people experience, and questions to consider, are:
- I don't have time to do the work.- Why is that? Why are you not making yourself your priority? You cannot help others without helping yourself first. Is there something in your day that you could replace with time to focus on you such as TV or social media?
- I can't justify spending the money. - If I were to give you the amount of money you need for the coaching contract would you spend it on coaching or something else? If your choice is something else, it is worth looking at how you are prioritizing things in your life. Nothing is right or wrong. It is simply information for you to look at your life in more depth.
- I have to do the work on my own. - So many of us are taught that we need to be independent. We need do the work ourselves for it to matter. This is simply not true. While you might be able to do the work on your own, you can also have help--and expert help at that--in this world.
If you are not ready yet or do not see the value in Life Coaching, I have listed some examples of the value of life coaching: (What the benefits are from Life Coaching)
- You will get clarity regarding what you want from life, relations and business. There is better insight about self and goals.
- A stronger sense of self belief and confidence emerges from knowing yourself better mirrored by an objective coach
- Recognition of the unexplored possibilities provide newer avenues for growth
- You may know what you want but you may not be doing what you need to do. Being accountable to someone forces you to perform and get results
- With the help of the life coach, you achieve control over your life by making informed choices
- Coaching helps you rectify blind spots by making you aware of them, unlearn unproductive strategies and thereafter develop productive strategies from new perspectives
Life coaching also benefits in harmonizing our day to day life through:
- Improved communication and relationship skills
- Enhanced joy and happiness
- Being the authentic self, comfortable in one’s own skin
- The ability to turn dreams into reality.
- Increased ability to trust your inner wisdom
- Enhanced competence to navigate obstacles and fears in everyday life
Links to “Why you should hire a Life Coach:
Before investing your valuable time selecting the best coach, it is critical for you to ask yourself one simple question. Are you truly ready for change?
The single, most important part of any successful coaching relationship is whether you are ready to change. The best coaches in the world cannot help you if you are not ready. You need to be ready to do the work. Don't waste your time, or your money, if you aren't ready for change in your life.
Sometimes people say they want change, yet still run into a myriad of resistance. This is the ego protecting itself. True personal transformation requires you to make decisions with your heart, instead of your ego.
It is natural to run into concerns. Personal transformation can be exciting...and it can also be scary. It is human nature to fear the unknown. The concerns you have can actually be the perfect place to start with exploring a new coaching relationship.